As a Data Engineer, you are a computer scientist with provable hands-on programming experience. You will be part of the Applied A.I. team and you are passionate about computer science, software architecture and creating robust and scalable data solutions. You will work on interesting projects for some of the world’s most innovative clients and partners and help them with solving a wide variety of machine and deep learning problems by working closely with the ML Engineers.
- You love learning and working in a high growth company with a new challenge every day
- You have experience with Python or another relevant programming language.
- You have experience with databases like Postgres and MongoDB.
- You understand the importance of code quality including testing, code clarity and documentation.
- You have notions of cloud architecture, big data and software architecture
- You will build, improve and extend data processing pipelines for Machine Learning and are responsible for deploying ML models into production.
- You learn new components and technologies incredibly fast and continuously learn
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent from experience
- You have good knowledge of and experience with Python
- You have a practical mindset and are willing to get your hands dirty. You understand the difference between fundamental research and data driven development.
- You consider yourself a healthy mix between a software engineer, a consultant, and a hacker.
- You are fluent in English.
- You like interacting with people and meeting customers and can explain hard concepts in easy terms.
- You can work independently and take matters into your own hands.
- The ability to quickly learn new technologies and successfully implement them is essential.
Experience with any of the following is considered a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes, Kubeflow, Docker, serverless, …
- Experience with Big Data and technologies like Spark, Flink, map-reduce, …
- Having worked with cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure, AWS or GCP
- Experience with DevOps.
- Working knowledge of TensorFlow and sci-kit learn
- Fluency or notions of languages other than English and Dutch